Monday, July 19, 2010

I've never enjoyed a Sunday. I was always the type of person who let Monday's ruin my Sunday's. I hated school, I hated work. I dreaded going into either. But, yeah, this was the first time in a long time, if not ever that I was actually excited to go to school. Today my group began our "Sugar Candies" class. We made Passion apricot pate de fruit, french pralines and caramels (BEST I'VE EVER HAD GAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!). Tomorrow we will take on vanilla marshmallows, nougat, and chocolate caramel. HEAVEN I TELL YA! My class consists of 18 really chill people and this Friday we are going to go out for Sushi and possibly coming back to my place for drinks. We'll see.

So, we (jen and I) are moving to Austin once I come back and her lease is over. I'm thinking the culinary scene is thriving there more so than in SA. and I guess we'll just take it from there. Maybe end up in Portland, San Francisco or even LA! So exciting!


I miss my tambourine



Found these guy on a random weeknight in China town, walking up to a Loft and getting drunk on free beer. WHAT A NIGHT! 2008 whaaaat!


Also, I started taking the Yashica to school today. Tons of pictures coming up!

2 comments:

Noemi said...

i couldn't be more thrilled for you and your new found happiness at school in chicago. so proud of you!! Can't wait to visit <3333

Mister Moonlight said...

and I'm proud of you for doing your Pre-Med!

dude, seriously, get yr booty over here!!